[arch-general] Impossible redirect console buffer to log

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 10:19:39 UTC 2019

Hi Maykel,

> > This will remove the carriage returns at the end of lines once
> > script has finished.
>
> This not working. Not quit the end file log character "^M"
>
> >     script -f -c '/usr/local/bin/cccam -d' mylogfile.log
> >     sed -i 's/\r$//' mylogfile.log

It works here.

    $ script -f -c 'seq 3' mylogfile.log
    Script started, file is mylogfile.log
    1
    2
    3
    Script done, file is mylogfile.log
    $ od -c mylogfile.log | fgrep '\r'
    0000140       L   I   N   E   S   =   "   4   0   "   ]  \n   1  \r  \n
    0000160   2  \r  \n   3  \r  \n  \n   S   c   r   i   p   t       d   o
    $ sed -i 's/\r$//' mylogfile.log
    $ od -c mylogfile.log | fgrep '\r'
    $

Does that od(1) pipeline show any carriage returns in mylogfile.log for
you after you have run the sed command?  What you call `^M', od shows as
`\r'.

--
Cheers, Ralph.