[arch-general] What is a pacman "download library error"?

Tinu Weber takeya at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 9 23:00:48 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 09, 2019 at 19:57:11 +0100, Ralf Mardorf via arch-general wrote:
> installing a package with "pacman -U URL" fails.
> Downloading with "wget -q URL" and installing the file with "pacman -U"
> works.

Unless I'm mistaken, pacman uses curl by default (unless XferCommand is
set) (or more precisely, libcurl.so), so it may be worth trying to fetch
that file with curl instead of wget (for further troubleshooting).

That being said, for me, pacman/curl downloads that file just fine, so
I'm not sure whether the choice of curl/wget is the only notable factor.

Best,
Tinu