[arch-general] Suggestion: switch to zstd -19 for compressing packages over xz

Adam Fontenot adam.m.fontenot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 06:30:08 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:10 PM Darren Wu via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I have 4Mbps (512KBytes/s) 'broad'band and i7-6500U CPU. I wanna cry.

Even in a worst-case scenario like this one, the Squash compression
test I linked to shows an increase from 26 secs (xz -6) to 29 secs
(zstd -19), so you wouldn't be significantly impacted by this change.

I hope your local authorities decide to give you real broadband in the
near future, however. :-)