[arch-general] kernel: do_IRQ: 7.34 No irq handler for vector - once a minute beginning ~ 4/27?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed May 1 23:00:22 UTC 2019

On 05/01/2019 05:17 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> kernel: do_IRQ: 7.34 No irq handler for vector
>
>   From a bit of research, there are suggestions about adding "pci=nomsi,noaer"
> to the kernel command line, which I'll try, but my question is -- any idea why
> that should suddenly start and is the "pci=nomsi,noaer" the proper fix?

  I think I've found the problem, but never seen a message like this before.
This server also provides fax services via a USR Courier modem. The power for
the modem was disconnected. So it appears the combination of hylafax starting
on /dev/ttyS0 and the modem being unpowered resulted in the generation of the
do_IRQ No irq handler for vector message.

  Sorry for the noise -- at least this was just the backup fax server...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.