[arch-general] Installing base unattended without specific packages

Sefa Eyeoglu sefa at mailbox.org
Tue May 14 21:08:35 UTC 2019

Hey fellow Arch Users,

I am currently playing around with the GitLab CI and automatic building of Arch
packages. My modified Arch Linux Docker image should include base and base-
devel, but without all of the kernel and hardware stuff.
This is the command, that does not work as expected:

pacman -Syu --needed --noconfirm --noprogressbar --ignore linux,linux-
firmware base base-devel git

The packages linux and linux-firmware still get installed. I would prefer if there
would be a way to install base, but without all of the irrelevant stuff for
containers. I would propose something like base-container for this group.

Kind regards,--
Sefa Eyeoglu
Free Software Developer
scrumplex.net[1]