[arch-general] Installing base unattended without specific packages

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu May 16 06:08:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, 14 May 2019 23:08:35 +0200, Sefa Eyeoglu via arch-general wrote:
>The packages linux and linux-firmware still get installed. I would
>prefer if there would be a way to install base, but without all of the
>irrelevant stuff for containers.

Hi,

first run

pactree -r linux-firmware
pactree -r linux

to ensure that without doubts nothing depends on those packages.
It unlikely does. If the packages are definitively unneeded, build empty
dummy packages and e.g. use the year as "epoch".

pkgname=linux
pkgver=05.16
pkgrel=1
epoch=2019
pkgdesc="Dummy package"
arch=('any')
provides=('linux')

pkgname=linux-firmware
pkgver=05.16
pkgrel=1
epoch=2019
pkgdesc="Dummy package"
arch=('any')
provides=('linux-firmware')

I don't know if this workaround is need, but is should do the job.

Regards,
Ralf