[arch-general] js60 update -- reveals older packages installed as deps not updated and left on system

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun May 19 02:07:11 UTC 2019

On 05/18/2019 04:45 AM, Bruno Pagani wrote:
> Yes, this is the standard case of old dependencies becoming unneeded, it
> just seems strange to you because all those packages are js*, but if
> they have a different name and don’t upgrade over the previous one
> that’s for a good reason.

Thank you Bruno,

  That's all I needed to know. I just couldn't immediately see what that
'provides()', 'conflicts()' or 'replaces()' PKGBUILD contents would have
needed to be to prevent it. The answer of "it shouldn't" because they are not
direct upgrades makes sense now.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.