[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Mkinitcpio replacement with Dracut

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Tue May 21 17:06:36 UTC 2019

Em maio 21, 2019 11:26 Genes Lists via arch-general escreveu:

> I'm an arch tester and I'd be happy to test dracut.
>
> It would be helpful if you could create a little write-up on 'how to
> switch' from mkinitcpio to dracut.

Just run dracut =D. But seriously, I'll work on a wiki page about this.
Dracut has several man pages too, I suggest starting with dracut.cmdline.

> And I assume modules now in HOOKS would move to
> /etc/dracut.conf.d/hooks.conf
> or similar.

I have not yet decided on the configuration, but I think I'll have something
similar to mkinitcpio.conf as /etc/dracut.conf.

> All being well, the kernel package will need to be modified to update
>
> /usr/share/libalpm/hooks/60-linux.hook
>
> to now call dracut.

I'll stress this, dracut and mkinitcpio will co-exist for a *long* time. So,
each will have their own hooks for updating the images.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini