[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Mkinitcpio replacement with Dracut

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Tue May 21 22:32:57 UTC 2019

Em maio 21, 2019 17:29 Bjoern Franke via arch-general escreveu:

>> Just dracut -f /boot/initramfs-linux.img. It is that simple.
>
> Tried it, the output looked fine:
>
> https://p.rrbone.net/paste/FV7HMpE7#
>
> But while booting dracut hang on "initqueue hooks"

This output is a json file, so I'm not sure what you're outputting there.

Anyway, I got this as well on a VM. You can pass rd.shell, rd.timeout and rd.retry
to your cmdline. Please refer to dracut.cmdline man page. Also, make sure you have the
proper root= and other arguments as well on your cmdline.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini