[arch-general] Many timers now running at boot. How to make them run later?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Nov 21 18:13:18 UTC 2019

On 11/21/2019 05:53 AM, Christian Hesse wrote:
> I've created systemd configuration overlay snippets for this, for example
> /etc/systemd/system/man-db.timer.d/RandomizedDelaySec.conf:
>
> [Timer]
> RandomizedDelaySec=30min
>
> Create a file for every timer you want to delay.

Thank you Ralph & Christian,

  I'll do that. Something to just keep them all from firing when I boot would
be nice. I wonder why systemd doesn't do this by default? As more an more
things have been turned over to systemd timer, it should have become evident
that they were all going to start stacking up on boot.... Bad Juju...

  Logrotate and man-db can be run at 4:00 am and be fine. If I update a slew
of man-pages, I'll call it directly. I see what I can do with
RandomizedDelaySec=. Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.