[arch-general] Fedora Speeds Up Python 3.

Chris Billington chrisjbillington at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:31:47 UTC 2019

Ah, that's interesting.

I thought that would break my GIL profiling project that uses LD_PRELOAD
(shameless plug: https://github.com/chrisjbillington/gil_load), but since I
think I'm only overriding libc functions, it should be fine.

I'm sure there are other things it will break (I could have overridden
libpython functions instead - I wonder why I didn't, it seems simpler but
there was probably a reason), but if someone wants to use code that hacks
on the interpreter itself, having to install a custom python to do so is
not so unreasonable. Those speedups are nothing to scoff at.

-Chris