[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Tue Oct 8 20:49:28 UTC 2019

On 10/8/19 4:34 PM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:

> Really, I wish we would do as I'd wanted and transfer the "essential
> packages" which aren't actually essential and were thus not included in
> base.. to a new *group* called "base-extras", which would reflect its
> status as being mere recommendations, while providing a convenient way
> to choose to interactively install them, and allowing the Installation
> Guide to transition from:

Sounds good to me - do you have a suggested list of packages for
base-extras or at least the list of what was pulled from the old base.

Might be good for folks to add those to private install script / meta
package until such time as base-extras may be available.

Thanks for mentioning linux-firmware -  I just added kernels and a few
other items to my own, but I missed that one