[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Wed Oct 9 13:45:35 UTC 2019

On 10/9/19 6:15 AM, mar77i via arch-general wrote:
>...What problem are we solving, really?

Problem: - there was a change - but the "diff" is not (obviously)
visible, though I may have not looked in all the right places.
The 'base' package has no history [1] - it came into existence 3 days ago.

My view - be helpful to have a list of packages no longer in base.

A list of what changed is needed so users can add whatever they deem
appropriate (presumably a kernel is one)  to their own personal install
package and ensure installations proceeed as usual.

So, if somone can provide a complete list of no-longer included packages
that would be super helpfui so we can all adjust as needed.

thanks.

[1]
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/log/trunk?h=packages/base