[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base`, package - manual intervention required

Daniel Moch daniel at danielmoch.com
Fri Oct 11 22:10:56 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:15:42PM +0200, Robin Broda via arch-general wrote:
> You've got the explanation in the mail that informed you about the removal automatically :)

I see in the archive[1] that these were deleted for not following the
submission guidelines[2]. I'm not sure how that's the case, unless the
logic is that since they merely bundle packages in Community that they
violate rule #1?

If that's the logic, does that mean any meta packages in the AUR violate
the submission guidelines?

Can someone clarify? I'm genuinely a little confused here ...

[1] - https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2019-October/034288.html
[2] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_submission_guidelines

--
Daniel Moch