[arch-general] Kernel 5.3.5 and Kernel 5.3.6 perl warnings

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Oct 15 01:46:18 UTC 2019

If you start getting warnings that perl failed to set locale that didn't
happen on earlier versions of the kernel I know how to fix that.
First you have to have everything correct in /etc/locale.conf.  If that's
the case, add to your ~/.bash_profile file
source /etc/locale.conf then save the edit and do source ~/.bash_profile
then run your perl application like maybe cpanplus or irssi and
if everything works on your system like it does on my system you won't get
those warnings again.