[arch-general] Blank screen after an interval; maybe related to laptop power supply?

Dartme dartme18 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 19:32:25 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 10:00 PM Robin Broda via arch-general <
arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Can you try blindly typing a command, like `poweroff`, when this happens -
> to see whether the device indeed powers off?
>
> This would confirm whether user input is still being taken or not,
> which helps debugging this substantially.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried this, but the computer is
actually not working anymore. For instance, I was in the process of a
pacman update, but the update terminated. I can tell because there was no
more hard drive activity, and the same package that was being downloaded
when the computer froze needed to be downloaded again.