[arch-general] new packaging of the kernel/mkinitcpio/kmod

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 31 19:16:18 UTC 2019

On 10/31/19 2:11 PM, Geo Kozey via arch-general wrote:
> What was the reason for not using kernel-install[1] standard instead of all of those Arch's exclusive hooks again??
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/kernel-install.html

What was the reason for suggesting to use kernel-install non-standard
Fedora tool that does gross things in a gross way instead of "all those
tools" (all one of them) which do the exact same thing in a more KISS
manner that respects user choice, makes it clear what you're using and
when you're using it, and helps track files properly in pacman?

I don't understand your loaded question, but this game of "let's assume
things and then yell at people for doing things the same way they worked
for many many years" sure is fun!

P.S. Put down your question mark key. There's no need to act quite
*that* shocked that no one drank the Fedora kool-aid.

*steps off soapbox*

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User