[arch-general] Print Woes

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:26:26 UTC 2019

Howdy,

A few updates ago, cups stopped working with my printer. It said the ppd file was corrupted, but I litterally printed something right before the update then it broke right after.

I added cups and hplip to a new computer with a fresh install of Arch, and have gone through localhost:631, system-config-printer, and hp-setup -i <printerIP>, and none of these work with differing levels of error messages. They all boil down to the same thing though.

The process goes just fine, it detects the printer on each method I have tried, but when I hit the final add button, it says it was unable to copy the ppd file. Out of curiosity, I copied the ppd file from /usr/share/... myself but that did no good either. About the closest I have gotten is, with the cups web interface, after hitting add printer, it does show up briefly, but it will not actually print anything. As soon as I close the web interface, it goes away. Also, the web interface just reloads the final add page with all the boxes filled in, but never actually says it was successfully added, and clicking on the printers links shows no printers found.

It's an HP Deskjet 2600 series. I hope I have given enough information. Printers are not something I am very good with, but hopefully this is enough to be able to trouble shoot it..

Thanks for any help, :)
Storm