[arch-general] Nvidia HDMI Audio as Kernel Parameter

Ali Emre Gülcü aliemreglc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 10:51:19 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I am using plain linux kernel 5.2.13 with proprietary nvidia driver 435.21
on my Nvidia Optimus (UHD 630 + 1050 Ti) notebook. Nothing fancy here and
everything is up to date but in order to utilize HDMI audio over Nvidia
card, I have to use this fix:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#No_audio_over_HDMI
This fix works. However either I need to manually execute those commands
every time I boot (this causes X to restart) or I need to make a systemd
service out of them and enable it to work on every boot (I got the idea
from Nvidia forums). But systemd service sometimes makes X fail to start.
So I was wondering if there is any kernel parameter with the same effect
which I can apply BEFORE or DURING loading nvidia modules by simply adding
it to boot options.

Thanks in advance
--
Ali Emre Gülcü