[arch-general] NFS server question

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Fri Sep 13 18:22:14 UTC 2019

On 7/21/19 8:28 PM, Genes Lists via arch-general wrote:
> All:
>
> For client tracking and recovery on reboots NFS provides some mechanisms.
>
> My understanding is that nfsdcld is considered replaced by nfsdcltrack.

Following up on self:

(1) nfsdcld is what is still provided by upstream (nfs-utils) as of
2.4.1 from Aug 2019.

(2) Newer kernels now report:

kernel: NFSD: Using old nfsdcld client tracking operations.

(3) Support for nfsdcld was added back to kernel in May 2019 [1]

So, clearly nothing to do in Arch land - just wait and keep following
upstream as usual.

So just an FYI in case others notice the new message in logs.

gene

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/5/15/1480