[arch-general] Time and date in 24 hour time can this be fixed?

matthew dyer ilovecountrymusic483 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 15:06:42 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am using arch linux with orca and mate desktop and have a strange problem or bug or something and was wondering if there was a way to fix it or work around it.

I am using the America/New_York time zone so my time shows correctly at least according to orca.  Orca gives me the time in 12 Hour format which is what I want, but when I look at an email such as in thunderbird, the time and date are given 24 hour format for example, 2019/14/09 11:00 rather than the u.s format I am used to.  I read through the arch wiki and could not find anything on how to change the time format on the clock.  Any ideas on how to change this?  HW clock is set to UTC if that has anything to do with it.  I tried to set it to locale time, but that messed up the system clock so had to switch it back.

Thanks all.  BTW, if this is sooted better for the orca list please let me know/.

Thanks again all.

Matthew