[arch-general] Time and date in 24 hour time can this be fixed?

Dan Sommers 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Sun Sep 15 00:39:01 UTC 2019

On 9/14/19 11:19 AM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

 >> when I look at an email such as in thunderbird, the time and date are
 >> given 24 hour format for example, 2019/14/09 11:00 rather than the
 >> u.s format I am used to.

 > What is the output of the locale(1) command?
 > Also, this page may be of help.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Change_the_Date_Format#Configuring_the_date.2Ftime_system_settings_on_your_computer

According to RFC 2822, the time of day in an email message is always in
24-hour format.  Changing your system settings can't and won't (and IMO
shouldn't) change that.  If anything, I think that you'll have to change
something in Thunderbird.

Dan