[arch-general] High lag in graphical applications

Matthew Sexton wsdmatty at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 23:54:00 UTC 2019

I had an issue like this with KDE having huge lag problems. I checked htop
and determined it was caused by applications dropping into uninterruptible
sleep due to I/o wait. That in turn was caused by baloo file indexer
running rampant in my huge music collection.

Not sure if yours would be the same problem, but you could check htop and
see if there applications that are lagging are in state D .. that would
mean something is using the hard drive and they have to wait.

(My apologies for top posting, on mobile)