[arch-general] AUR - Best Practices when Package no longer Supported for Linux upstream but LTS fine?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Aug 17 04:04:39 UTC 2020

Arch devs,

  Quick AUR question. The virtualbox 5.2 branch is unsupported as of July
2020. Oracle continues to put out testbuilds for 5.2, but currently it does
not build with 5.8 (LTS is fine). I am still awaiting answers on the
vbox-end-users list as to whether anything compatible will be released either
as a testbuild case or as a release (Oracle seems a bit undecided)

  If 5.2.44 was the last release and there will be no update to support Linux
5.8 -- what do I do with the package? Do I mark it LTS only in some way, or
just have it removed?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.