[arch-general] HP Laserjet plus 1020 Problem

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 20 13:00:06 UTC 2020

Em agosto 20, 2020 2:28 das escreveu:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:25 PM Giancarlo Razzolini
> <grazzolini at archlinux.org> wrote:
>

>> I believe your printer works without hplip and using the driverless
>> option. That's something you can also try.
>
> I tried it your way too. I removed hplip. It seemed plausible too.
> When the printer was not working in Arch Linux I booted into Debian
> and without installing hplip I tried printing. And it worked.
>
> But removing hplip did not help either.

I didn't tell you to remove hplip. Driverless and driver can co-exist
just fine. I have on my machine right now, both a driverless printer
registered to my cups and a version of the same printer using hplip.

I've searched yesterday your printer and it seems it does supports
driverless. Also, some HP printers, if you want to use them on cable,
you have to change an option on EWS, otherwise it won't work.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini