[arch-general] No login after update

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 20:52:12 UTC 2020

> I don't see what all the fuss is about
>
> If you're using Arch, then you should:
>
> 1. Check Arch news before running update
> 2. Update regularly
> 3. Watch output from pacman for warnings/advice
> 4. Run pacdiff after update and before reboot
>
> After step 4 there are no longer any pacnew files

That would have shown that the new file doesn't have pam_tally2, it
wont say you wouldn't be able to login after reboot.

actually, even assuming you would know to fix the issue, but you
didn't fix the problem immediately and you went to make a coffee -
your screen saver was activated, you are locked out.

Now I don't understand all the defensiveness - let's all work together
to improve things. This is not a non-issue.

--
damjan