[arch-general] netcl leaves network down until reenable performed - do we need note?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Aug 21 05:25:20 UTC 2020

On 8/17/20 5:56 PM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
>> Couldn't there also be a post install that does a reenable for each netctl
>> profile found in /etc/systemd/system as another option to avoid this SNAFU?
>
> That might have been an interesting precautionary measure for netctl
> 1.18, at least for printing a message advising people to reenable the
> service.

Oh, for the record -- it looks like netctl already did this:

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/netctl.install?h=packages/netctl

post_upgrade() {
    if [[ $(vercmp 1.18 "$2") -gt 0 ]]; then
        grep -ls '^.include ' /etc/systemd/system/netctl@*.service | \
          while read -r unit; do
            profile=$(systemd-escape --unescape "${unit:27:-8}")
            echo ":: The unit for profile '$profile' uses deprecated
features."
            echo "   Consider running: netctl reenable $(printf '%q'
"$profile")"
        done
    fi
}