[arch-general] [RFC] Potentially deprecating primus, bumblebee, virtualGL and primus_vk

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 4 12:50:41 UTC 2020

Em dezembro 4, 2020 9:27 Emil Velikov via arch-general escreveu:
> I would love to hear the input from the respective maintainers and the
> overall Arch developer base as a whole.

As the maintainer for both bumblebee and prime-run, I don't see the need for deprecation, yet.
Bumblebee still has some uses and also, the it has the appeal of keeping the card completely powered
off, something that doesn't happen with prime render offload.

Having said that, I do think bumblebee/primus/primus_vk days are numbered.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini