[arch-general] ArchLinux Installation with full encryption and uefi but without lvm

LuKaRo lists at lrose.de
Sun Dec 13 19:15:25 UTC 2020

Hi Jörg,

of course that's possible.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#LUKS_on_a_partition
describes exactly that process. In short, follow the Installation guide
until step "Format the partition", and then use cryptsetup to create the
encrypted layer on each partition you want to encrypt. Open them, and
then create the filesystem on the encrypted virtual devices (e.g. run
mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/<cryptdevicename> instead of mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdxy).

Kind regards,

LuKaRo