[arch-general] efibootmgr doesn't change boot order!

Peter K Haokip khaithang39 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:42:48 UTC 2020

I read an forum entry from nearly 6 years ago about am efibootmgr bug that
Doesn't let you change the boot order on a multi OS system if you have arch
linux as the default OS.  Had some users report this as well in other
forums.
Now i am facing the that problem in my system with arch ubuntu and windows.

when i change the boot order , it shows the change 'temporarily' but when i
restart it boots the default (Arch linux Grub ) and the  change disappears.

I faced this issue last month and gave up on it since I couldn't find any
detailed resource on this on the net.
This list may be my last hope.

If anybody could give some direction , would be much appreciated.

regards,
khaithang39