[arch-general] 5.5 kernel - Latest virtualbox testcase build for 5.2.37 fails to start Arch guest on Arch host

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:18:34 UTC 2020

lAll,

  After update to 5.5 kernel and rebuild of virtualbox from the 5.2.36 and the
latest testcase build for 5.2.37 (all kernel modules build and load fine)

https://www.virtualbox.org/download/testcase/VirtualBox-5.2.37-135942-Linux_amd64.run

Arch guests fail to run on Arch host. network device enp0s3 not found, udev
kernel rules fail, and the boot never complete.

All fine with the 5.4 kernel. I've posted to the vbox-users list, but if
anyone here has additional information I would appreciate it.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.