[arch-general] Pacman update: new package breaks many dependencies, how to cope

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Feb 8 09:40:42 UTC 2020

Hey hey,
I just tried to update my system. Admittedly, I probably left it a little too
long.

Now xorgproto apparently breas a lot of dependencies. This includes dmxproto
and xproto, which in turn are required by other packages like libgmx or
libxfont.

It there an "automated" method of dealing with this kind of dependency
breakage? I dare not try this by hand. I don't know how many other packages
would be affected by this.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c