[arch-general] 5.5 kernel - Latest virtualbox testcase build for 5.2.37 fails to start Arch guest on Arch host

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Feb 14 09:00:45 UTC 2020

On 02/06/2020 01:17 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 02/05/2020 10:01 AM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>>> There must be another package that was updated that comes into play
>>> (python?).
>> How about restoring all packages to an earlier date?
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive#How_to_restore_all_packages_to_a_specific_date
>

> It's almost like some module or config was updated that broke something on the
> guest, so now it doesn't matter whether I downgrade or not, the problem
> remains. Most amazing frustrating problem I run into in a while. I was able to
> grad a dmesg output and the last 1000 lines of the packman.log, but I'm stumped.

A bug (https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19311) was opened with Oracle
concerning this issue that has broken the AUR package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/virtualbox-bin-5/

If any of the devs have any idea what could have impacted Host/Guest I/O to
the point it takes 10 minutes to boot a Archlinux guest to a simple text
console, I would welcome your input here or on the bug report.

Let me know if there is any reason to open an Arch bug -- doubtful since it is
an AUR package that is impacted.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.