[arch-general] post-install dependencies check

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 21 22:19:12 UTC 2020

On 2/21/20 4:22 PM, Ralf Mardorf via arch-general wrote:
> I suspect that paccheck's recursive option is unneeded.

I don't understand how you could possibly think so? The recursive option
plainly makes it *recursive*, i.e. it lists the uninstalled optdepends
for all your dependencies. This is quite important, for example, if you
are using a program named "epiphany" which does HTML rendering via
webkit2gtk and you wish to know why it doesn't play media. The
--recursive flag will go through all the dependencies and show that
*epiphany* is not playing media because *webkit2gtk* is missing its
optional dependencies on gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User