[arch-general] Chromium in a systemd-nspawn container?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Feb 22 18:30:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm using systemd-nspawn only for command line, but I'm using
google-chrome, not chromium, by another user account. Since I'm a little
bit lazy, I'm using the sledgehammer, a simple xhost+.

More or less the whole script:

xhost +
gksudo -u chuser "$*"
xhost -
exit

Since a few days back this xhost+ google-chrome instance tends to
suffer from "Something went wrong when opening your profile. Some
features may be unavailable."

Running google-chrome as the regular user works without issues.

I suspect a new security feature, probably provided for chromium as
well as chrome.

Regards,
Ralf