[arch-general] Package Jami is out of date

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 27 01:57:30 UTC 2020

On 2/26/20 6:11 PM, Simon Brand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the package Jami is out of date:
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/jami-gnome/

This is a true fact.

> The last packager seams to be not active anymore.
> Can anybody please take over the package?

This, however, is not. Why do you think that Bruno is "not active
anymore"? Why do you think that asking someone else to take over his
package due to him being Missing In Action is the correct solution?

Have you tried asking him what the delay is?

As a matter of fact, this was extensively discussed on the 16th through
the 18th in our private IRC channel. The new version of jami-daemon does
not build against the currently packaged version of libupnp, and other
applications don't build against the newer versions of libupnp due to
lots of API changes. This is not trivial to solve and multiple people
are working on a solution.

In no way is Bruno Pagani (@Archange) "not active anymore".

Please have patience. :)

--