[arch-general] Package Jami is out of date

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 27 02:16:09 UTC 2020

On 2/26/20 9:08 PM, Simon Brand wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:57:30 -0500
> Eli Schwartz via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> This, however, is not. Why do you think that Bruno is "not active
>> anymore"? Why do you think that asking someone else to take over his
>> package due to him being Missing In Action is the correct solution?
>
> Thank you for the reply.
> I thought, he is not active anymore, because he is not listed as an
> arch linux developer. [0]
> I wanted to write him an email, but since I have not found his mail on
> the developers site, I thought he is not active anymore.
>
> Now that I looked it up again I saw the notice, that only core and
> extra maintainers are listed there. My bad.
>
> thank you for the explanation, now that I know the cause I will be
> patient.
>
> Best,
> Simon
>
> [0] https://www.archlinux.org/people/developers/

Aha. :)

Here's a tip to make this easier. Look at the field:

Last Packager: 	Bruno Pagani

The name is a clickable field, it links to
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?packager=Archange which is a search
for all packages that were last packaged by that maintainer. If you
click on the heading for "Last Updated" you can also sort those by how
recently they were updated. This lets you very quickly see how recently
that package maintainer has been actively updating packages.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User