[arch-general] too many brick walls for graphical archlinux install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Jan 7 00:17:26 UTC 2020

I am pretty sure I got all of this figured out and it will likely need a
new install.
First install fenrir-screenreader not espeak.  Next install espeak-ng
and speech-dispatcher and gnome.
Once that's done get fenrir working then run spd-conf and take espeak-ng
and pulse for choices and do the tests.  If that works orca with gnome
ought to work.  espeak and espeakup do not work with spd-cay with
pulseaudio on the system and they're a command line interface dead end
by themselves as is festival.
I'll try doing this actual install to test and see if it will work and
post my findings here and if it does write something for the wiki a
little later.