[arch-general] do i need to configure mkinitcpio.conf for my md array ?

Josef Miegl josef at miegl.cz
Thu Jan 16 14:36:47 UTC 2020

On January 16, 2020 2:44:44 PM GMT+01:00, Shadrock Uhuru via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>do i need to reconfigure mkinitcpio.conf for my md array
>so that the array is assembled and started at boot

Depends on when you want to assemble your array. If you want/need the array to be assembled in early user space, then use the mdadm_udev hook as described in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mkinitcpio#Using_RAID. This is typically needed when booting a system on software RAID. However, if you don't need the array assembled in early user space, just use mdadm later on in the boot process.

Josef Miegl