[arch-general] systemd-zram generator

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jan 17 04:18:01 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 4:03 AM Neven Sajko via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> > ... installed by default ...
>
> > ... Is it really a feature that the user needs to know about specific implementations?
>
> > ... always including it in an installation by default, just like the existing swap units, rather than expecting users to manually install a package.
>
> You obviously know nothing about Archlinux,

I have done only a couple of incidental installations for general
knowledge, but do have a Raspberry Pi running Arch. Is it really
possible to know nothing about Archlinux in such a case?

>maybe try researching on
> our Wiki before trying to force

It's presented as an idea. Seeing as I am such a moron, how do you
suppose I'm going to go about forcing anything onto Arch Linux?

>some experimental Systemd/Rust garbage
> on the distribution.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct

I consider your response:
1. Disrespectful to me.
2. Disrespectful to other projects.
3. Trolling, because all three things I quote above must be hyperbole,
they are difficult to take seriously. They are that ridiculous and
unwarranted.

Is this sort response representative of the Arch Linux community?
Relative newcomers, and first time posters, should expect this kind of
hostility? I think it's embarrassing.

--
Chris Murphy