[arch-general] Getting 404 errors while trying to install arch on a fresh system. Any rreason why?

mar77i at protonmail.ch mar77i at protonmail.ch
Mon Jan 20 16:53:51 UTC 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 20, 2020 4:42 PM, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi mar77i,
>
> > You must have meant https://talkingarch.info/
>
> I was wondering too, but I think he meant its recent fork
> https://tarch.org.

On a scale from operating systems to interior design, the image I'm greeted with on tarch.org is confusing furthermore.

That being said, that source doesn't appear to make available whatever goes into their special sauce, which makes it kind of hard to see why OP's packages were being corrupted. Maybe OP's system time and date is set incorrectly? That, along with awkward DNS defaults tripped me up in my latest alARM installation, and I think it could even screw with one's gpg signature checking, too. The other thing to check is if the mirrors are set correctly in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist. Compare with the table in https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

Hope that's a start?

cheers!

mar77i

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.