[arch-general] Status of WPA3

Bjoern Franke bjo at schafweide.org
Sat Jan 25 11:50:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

> Using it with network manager is very easy to turn on - just create:
> cat /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/wifi_backend.conf
> [device]
> wifi.backend=iwd

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately iwd has some issues in my case,
like packet loss and much more higher pings. I'm testing iwd from time
to time (as NM-backend) to check if it got better.

> And restart nm. Let us know if you get it working.

Unfortunately it did not work - neither with iwd or with heftig's
updated wpa_supplicant. wpa_supplicant says:
Failed to select authenticated key management type

I think rtw88 is to blame in this case, as my Thinkpad X270 used for
work with intel chipset on Ubuntu 20.04 is connecting fine.

Best Regards
Bjoern