[arch-general] FS#65265 - community/dolphin-emu 1:5.0.r11530.ea9b96370d-1 conflicts with discord-rpc-api (I don't agree with Scimmia decision)

Krzysztof Krakowiak krzysztof.krakowiak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:46:33 UTC 2020

Hi,
I'm Krzysztof Krakowiak (pix3l in archlinux) and I'm new there

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65265
I'm very dissapointed by Doug Newgard (Scimmia) bug resolution, who
simply closed my bug report with excuse "AUR packages are not
supported", but the problem is not in the package from 'aur', but from
'community':

I've made request   to re-open the the bug-report, by he simply
ignored that request

The problem lies in fact that dolphin-emu package contains files:
discord-rpc-api: /usr/include/discord_register.h exists in filesystem
(owned by dolphin-emu)
discord-rpc-api: /usr/include/discord_rpc.h exists in filesystem
(owned by dolphin-emu)

They should belong to 'discord-rpc-api' (currently in aur), and there
are many packages dependant on it.
Even if 'dolphin-emu' maintainer decides that dolphin-emu wil be built
using internal copy of 'discord-rpc-api', there's no reason to
export/package those header files, because it's for internal use
only(compilation time).

I don't get reasoning that if something is fucked up in upstream, then
it should be fucked up in distro package (because of upstream...)
I was active PLD distro developer (evil_core) and we always had high
standards and main excuse for pour existence was to fix upstream
brakage/incompetence.

best regards,
Krzysztof Krakowiak (pix3l)