[arch-general] cuda and nvidia package conflict

Junhee Lee wombatkik5 at naver.com
Thu Jul 9 00:48:37 UTC 2020

Dear the maintainers.

First of all, I sincerely appreciate your effort to maintain this distribution.

I would like to report an incident related to the two packages: cuda and nvidia.
It seems that the cuda package is recently updated to 11.0.2-1 in [community-testing].
However, the most recent nvidia package is 440.100-3 in [extra].
Therefore, when I attempt to run an application utilizing CUDA, it instantly hangs with an error related to version mismatch.

This problem is resolved when I install nvidia-beta package in AUR.

Should I keep using the cuda package in [community]?
Or, is there any progress related to this issue?

Thank you very much for your attention.

-Best regards, jvl.