[arch-general] Arch should be apolitical

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:32:27 UTC 2020

On 06/01/2020 07:57 PM, Kevin Dodd via arch-general wrote:
> The FOSS movement was called a "movement" for a reason. It was always about
> giving power to the people who would otherwise have none, and getting the
> boots of the powerful off of their backs. Pride month fits that ethos perfectly.
>
> If you don't want to see the logo, you can either use custom CSS or simply
> ignore it. This is such a non-problem.

I'm sorry Kevin,

  You misinterpreted my reply. I know FOSS well, from before the time of NCSA
Mosaic. The intent was, regardless of what is depicted, it doesn't impact
adversely impact another. I'm more than happy to see pride month celebrated or
supported and whether Arch chooses to participate or not isn't something I see
as political. (thus the "It isn't hurting me [or anyone else] at all" comment)

  So I apologize if the intent you gleaned differed from that intended conveyed.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.