[arch-general] Wesnoth probably has wrong dependency

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Wed Jun 10 16:02:35 UTC 2020

Am 04.06.20 um 09:18 schrieb Bjoern Franke via arch-general:
> Hi,
>
>> as Python2 has been sunset since the beginning of this year
>> (https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/) I'm looking forward to
>> removing it. One of the packages still depending on python2 is wesnoth,
>> though due to https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Maintenance_tools it should work
>> with Python3 already. Of course, this should work, since Python3 is
>> installed already besides Python2, but it seems to be an unnecessary
>> dependency. Instead, the dependency should be updated to python.
> so, why do you just don't file a bug report?
>
> Regards
> Bjoern
Just because I don't have an account and don't want to create one every
three years again or require a new password. Also, as I'm rarely looking
at package definitions, I still may be wrong, so it'd be preferred if
somebody else could have a look at this (somebody with more knowledge
about packages maintenance).

Kind regards,
Peter