[arch-general] Keyboard Problem in Mate Arch Linux for the Last Few Days

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jun 13 12:36:44 UTC 2020

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:12:25 +0530, das via arch-general wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 3:39 PM Andreas Radke <andyrtr at archlinux.org>
>wrote:
>>
>> It's a known bug:
>>
>> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/66898
>>

>Dear Friend Andreas Radke
>
>Thank you for the help. I went to the link:
>https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xkeyboard-config/xkeyboard-config/-/issues/212
>
>The report suggests that a downgrade to xkeyboard-config to 2.29-1
>will solve the problem. But, please, sorry for this ignorance, I do
>not exactly know how to downgrade. Shall this simple command do:
>
>sudo powerpill -R <existing-xkeyboard-config> && powerpill -S
>xkeyboard-config-2.29-1

I don't know how powerpill works.

I see there are at least aur/bauerbill, aur/pacman2aria2 and
aur/powerpill that fit the search term powerpill, but nothing
related by official repositories.

There's an Arch Wiki available, that explains how to downgrade packages:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/downgrading_packages

There are also tools available by the AUR:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/downgrading_packages#Automation

For example:

  [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ downgrade xkeyboard-config
  Available packages:

  -  1)  xkeyboard-config    2.26  1  any  (remote)
  -  2)  xkeyboard-config    2.26  2  any  (remote)
  -  3)  xkeyboard-config    2.27  1  any  (remote)
  -  4)  xkeyboard-config    2.28  1  any  (remote)
  -  5)  xkeyboard-config    2.29  1  any  (remote)
  +  6)  xkeyboard-config    2.30  1  any  (remote)
  +  7)  xkeyboard-config    2.30  1  any  (local)

  select a package by number:

Note, those helpers from AUR aren't official supported. Arch General
is not the appropriate mailing list regarding unsupported helpers.