[arch-general] pacman --assume-installed in a config file?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 18 14:26:11 UTC 2020

On 6/18/20 9:56 AM, Damjan Georgievski via arch-general wrote:
>>> noto-fonts is pulled as a dependency of plasma-integration, but I
>>> don't want it installed since it takes over the default fonts (ships
>>> an aggressive fontconfig configuration) for many websites, and looks
>>> quite bad *for me* (on a 14" FHD display).
>>> It's also a 90MB package I don't need.
>>
>> Hmm, I wonder why it is a hard dependency instead of being used via
>> ttf-font?
>
> I guess it's because plasma-integration ships a
> /usr/share/kconf_update/fonts_global.pl script that does some font
> replacements.
>
> https://github.com/KDE/plasma-integration/blob/master/src/platformtheme/fonts_global.pl

That seems a bit confusing :/ since it appears to only be used when
migrating away from a previously configured Oxygen selection. Does
anything else actually hardcode this? This dependency IMO should have
been a post_upgrade message or a noto-fonts replaces=() or something.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User