[arch-general] dash as system /bin/sh? (Was: dash as default shell?)

Chris Billington chrisjbillington at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:15:34 UTC 2020

I haven't seen this mentioned yet which makes me wonder if I've
misunderstood, but isn't it already the case that bash runs in a
posix-compatible mode if executed as /bin/sh?

I remember a bug a while back [1] that broke graphical login because
flatpak used a bashism in an X startup script. Does this not imply that any
bashisms executed with /bin/sh would already be causing breakage today on
Arch Linux?

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/61420#comment176360