[arch-general] Dual graphics not working in Lenovo P53

LuKaRo lists at lrose.de
Mon Jun 29 19:28:21 UTC 2020

Hi all,

My new Lenovo P53 has an Intel UHD Graphics 630 and a NVIDIA Quadro
T1000 built in. The HDMI port seems to be wired to the NVIDIA graphics.
However, dual graphics is not working.

When using the nvidia driver and the nvidia-prime package, I can run
games on the NVIDIA card using prime-run. But xrandr only shows "eDP1"
(internal screen) and "VIRTUAL0", no external ports are recognized.

When using xf86-video-nouveau, xrandr shows several DP and eDP-ports and
the HDMI port. However, the ports are always shown as "disconnected",
even when a HDMI cable is connected (works on another Arch Linux
machine). Furthermore, DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo | grep "OpenGL renderer"
always shows the UHD 630.

Any ideas how to debug or fix this issue?

Thanks a lot,
LuKaRo